With only 2 months away before the National team shipping out for Denver, to take part in the country’s first ever World Championship‘s appearance. Although there are much for the team to prepare ahead of Denver 2014, the Association however is shifting gear on the Development efforts as well. In the coming weeks TLA, with the help of Singapore Lacrosse is planning on pushing forward with their plans for regional development effort in: Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia, and Bhutan. The select group of clinicians will be traveling with the used equipments donated by TLA to help with the effort in their respective countries. Also the much needed homemade lacrosse balls, manufactured by TLA’s official partner.
Domestically, TLA is pushing hard on the local growth in multiple level:
- Founding the Men’s club league called “Bangkok Lacrosse League” with four teams
- Expanding lacrosse at the College level to other schools, beyond Chula University
- Organizing a game between Chula, and the Japanese college team in Bangkok
- Resuming the clinic at Ruamrudee International School that was started last year
- Setting up / Preparing for Box lacrosse training in Bangkok for the World Indoor 2015
More importantly Payu, the President of TLA is working closely with it’s partner/sponsor IMPACT, and MPD Studio Architecture firm on a massive lacrosse project starting in Bangkok at the end of this year. Which Payu is invited to join, and present the project at the FIL board meeting ahead of the World Championship, and the FIL General Assembly. For the further details on it, we will bring you the Forbes Magazine interview with Payu on “the Project” soon.